The general definition of a website is a collection of pages containing information content such as text, images, audio, video, etc. that can be accessed online via the internet. For you who want to create a website for free, you can visit our website and learn how to do it.
Based on storage media, the website is divided into 2 types, namely:
1. Static Website
That is a website where the content can not be changed, but that does not mean cannot be changed, the owner of the website can still change its content but by changing the code/script website or manually. There is no database intervention in the static website.
The advantages of static websites:
– Website is lighter
– The size of website files is usually small
– Potential is hacked small
Disadvantages of static websites:
– Fuss if you want to update the content because you have to change the script manually
– Requires knowledge of HTML and CSS
Usually, static websites are suitable for those who do not need content updates, for now, static websites are starting to be abandoned due to hassles in its use although there are still some people/companies using the static website to display their profiles.
2. Dynamic Website
That is a website that the content and appearance can be changed easily, usually, there is a back-end page (administrator) and front-end (front view of the website). Dynamic websites require database intervention because the content inputted on the back-end pages will be stored in the database and then displayed on the front-end page.
The advantages of dynamic websites:
– Ease of website content management
– Can have complex features
Disadvantages of dynamic websites:
– The making is relatively long and more complicated
– The size of the database affects the performance of the website, may slow down if the size of the database is taken too large
– Potential is hacked bigger
Dynamic websites are widely used and shifting away from static website users because of the ease, the number of platforms/engines available, and the development of the technology.